Thursday 21 November 2013

Confessions of Panic Disorder is now Panic Attacks

Ive changed the name, if you can notice (Not sureee, Im not good with this sort of stuff)
I also had a little Google check to see where we're coming up - I say 'we' I actually mean I , but I do like to think of us as a sort of community (readers and myself) Yes I know still confusing. Ill stop using collective terminology now :)

Anyways, what I found particularly upsetting is how many blogs I found with people who described themselves as being their illness.
You are not panic disorder, panic attacks, panic, anxiety. You are you.

Please do not ever feel that you are a slave to whatever 'it' is.
It is something uncomfortable, inconvenient and upsetting thats jumped onto your life, but it is still not you.

How hopelessly depressing to think of it in such a way and what a horrible message to give out to people.

You are a beautiful collection of many things.


UPDATE: I did go on to beat anxiety 3 years after writing this; read how in my latest post HERE 





9 comments:

  1. This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and informations. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Panic attack symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought that somebody can think like you. Surely something new then any other professionals who have the degree in the ”ways to help panic attacks” . I really Thankful to you to remind me, I am, who I am not a slave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your comments, I have started a new blog lillyflowerblog.wordpress.com Please be sure to follow it. I would really appreciate your thoughts! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must appreciate the way you have expressed your feelings through your blog!


    how to fix panic attack

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made some good quality points there. I did a search on the topic and found many people will agree with your blog.
    BEST MALIBU PSYCHIATRIST

    ReplyDelete
  6. have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
    Hypnosis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic blog and all the information are very great.
    meditation

    ReplyDelete