Sunday 8 September 2013

Progress

HI All,

Well after deciding i was just going to do everything, ive actually done everything so far!

Went to a family function last week. Usually id be apprehensive of not being able to leave as I was on my own and not with anybody with a car, but I was fine. I thought to myself that if i needed to leave I could, at any time I wanted to. I even got in the car with two people Id never met before for a lift!! I would have never done this before!

I also did some walking yesterday to meet a friend. I never do this alone but I was fine. I thought that if I felt bad at all there were houses all around and someone would be able to help me. I then went out last night and didnt worry about it at all!

Ive noticed that people are being much more vocal about their own mental health issues. There was someone at the family function who suffers with anxiety and is really open about it. She even left to go to the hospital half way through after suffering an anxiety attack and came back. I thought how brave!! It just goes to show that perspective really matters.

Someone very close to me is also suffering from mental health issues and from observing how much people are helping her and how she is dealing with it, it really opened my eyes. There really is less stigma attached to it now and its made me much more comfortable accepting it.

If I have a panic attack, Ill go to the medical centre and I will be fine. Its fear and thats all it is :) It doesnt make me a freak



xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment